NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Jim Cramer fills his blog on RealMoney every day with his up-to-the-minute reactions to what's happening in the market and his legendary ahead-of-the-crowd ideas. This week he blogged on:
- another round of tapering talks and
- good investing tips.
Click here for information on RealMoney, where you can see all the blogs, including Jim Cramer's -- and reader comments -- in real time.
You're Investing, Not Running the CompanyPosted at 12:55 p.m. EDT on Friday, Oct. 25 Where does it say that we have to hold each stock to the same set of rules? Where does it say that it's wrong that a stock goes higher based on revenue growth not on earnings? Is there some sort of handbook that says certain stock gains are legitimate and others aren't because they were powered by enterprise worth and not the multiple we put on its earnings stream? To listen to people talk about the gains in Amazon.com (AMZN) today after it showed a remarkable 24% gain to $17 billion in revenues, is to believe that somehow, the whole move shouldn't be allowed. I hear people speak of how horrendous this all ends and how there has to be a moment where it switches to profitability or else it will hit a wall and be crushed. And you know what? This is all nonsense. It's all theoretical hogwash. The simple truth is that the goal of investing in the stock market is to make money. There are many ways to make money, some more risky than others. But the goal is the same: get rich owning stocks. The moment you think differently is the moment that you are not investing. You are just theorizing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV