Summary of key GALAXY-1 one-year follow-up findings being presented at the WCLC Meeting
A detailed presentation of the one-year follow-up analysis results may be found on the home page of the Company’s website, www.syntapharma.com. Key findings include:
65% of overall survival (OS) events in the primary adenocarcinoma
population have occurred.
- Targeting at least 70% of OS events for final analysis, expected by early 2014.
Consistent with previously reported results, encouraging OS
improvements were observed in the prespecified chemosensitive patient
population (diagnosis of advanced disease greater than 6 months;
N=178), together with a lack of activity in the refractory population.
These results continue to confirm the selection of the chemosensitive
patient population for the GALAXY-2 Phase 3 trial.
- Overall survival Hazard Ratio in the chemosensitive population was 0.75 (90% CI 0.56, 1.03; 1-sided p=0.065) and 0.72 (90% C.I. 0.52, 0.98; 1-sided p=0.040) in the Cox proportional hazards univariate (unadjusted) and multivariate (adjusted) models, respectively. Median overall survival was 10.7 months for ganetespib and docetaxel versus 7.4 months for docetaxel alone.
- The trial evaluates two other potential biomarkers for use in selecting patients for the Phase 3 trial, elevated LDH (eLDH) and mutant KRAS (mKRAS). The eLDH population continued to show promising PFS and OS improvements, consistent with the hypothesis of HIF-1alpha inhibition by ganetespib, and LDH as a marker for upregulated HIF-1alpha. No evidence for enhanced activity in the mKRAS population was observed.
- Certain differences in enrollment and treatment patterns across centers, which can confound large, global studies, were observed in GALAXY-1. These observations have allowed for further optimization of the GALAXY-2 Phase 3 trial.
“We are encouraged by these results and the implications for Phase 3,” said Dr. Vojo Vukovic, Chief Medical Officer, Synta. “In addition to confirmation of the choice of patient selection, the results give us useful information for optimizing the GALAXY-2 operational plan and statistical assumptions.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV