SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the world's #1 CRM platform, today launched the Salesforce $1 Million Hackathon, with the largest single hackathon prize ever. Hundreds of teams will compete to build the next killer mobile app on the Salesforce Platform, the world's #1 cloud platform, and the winner will walk away with $1 million. The winning app will be announced Nov. 21 at Dreamforce, the world's largest vendor-led technology gathering. Teams are encouraged to start building their apps today and can continue to code on site in the Developer Zone at Dreamforce. A special $99 Hacker Pass will give developers access to the Developer Zone and Marc Benioff's keynote.
Comments on the News
- "We're in the midst of a mobile app renaissance," said Adam Seligman, vice president of Salesforce Platform developer and partner marketing, salesforce.com. "Developers are reinventing how business works, and how companies connect with their customers, employees, partners and products in entirely new ways. With the Salesforce Platform, developers are brilliantly more productive, turning ideas into apps faster than ever before leveraging a wide range of mobile, social and cloud services."
Salesforce $1 Million Hackathon— The Largest Single Hackathon Prize EverWith the rise of social networks and the proliferation of mobile devices, developers everywhere want to capitalize on the app revolution fueled by this technology shift and create the next generation of mobile apps for the enterprise. Salesforce.com is launching the Salesforce $1 Million Hackathon for developers to build the next killer mobile app on the Salesforce Platform and giving the winner the largest single hackathon prize in history—$1 million.Developers can begin coding now and can continue building round-the-clock on site at Dreamforce in Hack Central located in the Developer Zone. Developers must submit their apps for judging on Nov. 19 and the winner will be announced on site at Dreamforce on Nov. 21. Full rules and regulations can be found at: www.dreamforce.com/hackathon. Dreamforce 2013: The World's Largest Vendor-Led Technology GatheringThe 11th annual Dreamforce is set to achieve record-breaking attendance with more than 120,000 people from 65 countries expected to register to attend. In front of a global audience, salesforce.com will demonstrate how companies can connect with their customers, employees, partners and products in entirely new ways and become customer companies. With more than 1,250 sessions and an expanded Cloud Expo, attendees can participate in interactive sessions, hands-on training with cutting-edge technology, thousands of live demos and unparalleled networking opportunities.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts