Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Williams Companies (WMB) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Williams Companies as such a stock due to the following factors:
- WMB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $179.2 million.
- WMB is making at least a new 3-day high.
- WMB has a PE ratio of 39.8.
- WMB is mentioned 1.00 times per day on StockTwits.
- WMB has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- WMB is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- WMB is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- WMB is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- WMB is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WMB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WMB NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on WMB: The Williams Companies, Inc. operates as an energy infrastructure company. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4%. WMB has a PE ratio of 39.8. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Williams Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.The average volume for Williams Companies has been 5.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Williams Companies has a market cap of $25.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.49 and a short float of 3% with 3.88 days to cover. Shares are up 11.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Williams Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 7.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $132.00 million to $142.00 million.
- 38.54% is the gross profit margin for WILLIAMS COS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 8.03% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 57.54% to $668.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WILLIAMS COS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -16.07%.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 6.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- WILLIAMS COS INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WILLIAMS COS INC reported lower earnings of $1.16 versus $1.35 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 35.3% in earnings ($0.75 versus $1.16).
- You can view the full Williams Companies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about WMB
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV