On 10/29/13, PG&E Corp.'s 5% 1st Preferred Non-Redeemable (PCG.PRC) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.3125, payable on 11/15/13. As a percentage of PCG.PRC's recent share price of $24.56, this dividend works out to approximately 1.27%, so look for shares of PCG.PRC to trade 1.27% lower — all else being equal — when PCG.PRC shares open for trading on 10/29/13. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 5.26%, which compares to an average yield of 5.24% in the "Utilities" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, PCG.PRC was trading at a 7.69% discount to its liquidation preference amount. Investors should keep in mind that the shares are not cumulative, meaning that in the event of a missed payment, the company does not have to pay the balance of missed dividends to preferred shareholders before resuming a common dividend. The chart below shows the one year performance of PCG.PRC shares, versus PCG:
Below is a dividend history chart for PCG.PRC, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.3125 on PG&E Corp.'s 5% 1st Preferred Non-Redeemable:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, PG&E Corp. (PCG) makes up 3.89% of the Utilities Select Sector SPDR Fund ETF (XLU) which is trading relatively unchanged on the day Friday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV