[video] Quick Take:Arian Foster: Portfolio Asset?
New York (TheStreet) -- Could Arian Foster, running back for the National Football League's Houston Texans, be an asset inside your portfolio? According to Fantex's CEO Buck French, the answer is yes.
He told TheStreet's Brittany Umar that investors will soon be able to buy into the Fantex Arian Foster IPO, which has been valued at $10 million, with shares priced at $10 each.
The valuation is derived from future NFL income, endorsement deals and guest appearances, he said.
While the idea seems borderline ludicrous, French called it a great way for athletes to build their brand and the opportunity is not limited to Foster alone.
In fact, it's not limited to just the NFL either -- he hopes his company will be able to bring more athletes to market from different sports and even different countries.
While the security has quite a few risks such as long-lasting injury or interference from the NFL, French stressed his company will do its best to make the product work, by servicing clients and following the current rules and regulations.
Will it attract sports fans or Wall Street investors? French welcomes anyone looking for an alternative investment asset for their portfolio. He suggested potential buyers examine the prospectus on the company's Web site, www.fantex.com
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV