DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford shows off the all-new and versatile 2014 Transit Connect with 10 customized van and wagon models for the annual SEMA show in Las Vegas
- Custom builders will present a variety of ideas, from a mobile upscale clothing boutique to an on-the-go hot rod repair shop
- Ford, a leader in the large passenger vehicle segment with Transit Connect since 2009, plans to launch an all-new Transit Connect Wagon and Transit Connect cargo van early next year
Ford's all-new Transit Connect Wagon and Transit Connect cargo van will roar into the Specialty Equipment Market Association's annual show with 10 custom-modified versions at the Las Vegas Convention Center Nov. 5-8.
The industry's top aftermarket custom builders transformed six Transit Connect vans and four wagons, expressing their creativity through elaborate interior reconstructions, blazing graphics and eye-catching exteriors. This reimagining of Transit Connect showcases the lineup's versatility and creative potential – especially for commercial use.
Ford Transit Connect, named International Van of the Year 2014, has been a smart choice for small business owners since it launched in North America in 2009. The compact van earned the 2010 North American Truck of the Year title, adding to its global reputation for durability and toughness that dates back to its launch in Europe in 2003.As Ford launches the newest version of Transit Connect, two distinct models will be offered – the traditional, hard-working cargo van, a panel-side hauler; and an all-new wagon model, a stylish, spacious and fuel-efficient people mover. Transit Connect Wagon features sliding doors and flexible, fold-flat seating for up to seven passengers. For SEMA 2013, Ford challenged aftermarket customizers to show how the 2014 Transit Connect could take families and businesses further by imagining what is possible. The builders responded, with wild designs, cool custom features and over-the-top ideas.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts