LACEY, Wash., Oct. 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Anchor Bancorp (Nasdaq:ANCB) ("Company"), the holding company for Anchor Bank ("Bank"), today reported first quarter earnings for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2014. For the quarter ended September 30, 2013, the Company reported a net loss of $12,000 or $0.00 per diluted share, compared to a net income of $278,000 or $0.11 per diluted share for the same period last year.
"We are pleased with the ongoing improvement of our classified loans; a decrease of 6.6% during the quarter and 48.4% decrease year-over-year. We are also pleased with the number of sales within real estate owned; we have sold 25 properties within the last 12 months. This quarter we did recognize additional impairments in real estate owned as we continue to liquidate these properties. We have several properties under contract that we expect to close within the next 45 days. Additionally this quarter we repaid $47.4 million in FHLB borrowings with an average cost of 1.33%," stated Jerald L. Shaw, President and Chief Executive Officer.
Fiscal First Quarter Highlights (at or for the quarter ended September 30, 2013, compared to June 30, 2013, or September 30, 2012):
- Total classified loans decreased $1.2 million or 6.6% to $16.1 million at September 30, 2013 from $17.3 million at June 30, 2013 and were $31.3 million at September 30, 2012;
- No provision for loan losses was recorded for the quarters ended September 30, 2013 and June 30, 2013 compared to $300,000 for the quarter ended September 30, 2012;
- Net charge-offs to average outstanding loans was 0.07% at September 30, 2013 compared to 0.06% at June 30, 2013 and 0.20% at September 30, 2012; and
- Loans receivable, net, increased $3.2 million or 1.2% to $280.7 million at September 30, 2013 from $277.5 million at June 30, 2013.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts