Not everyone has seen a turn. Avnet (AVT), huge in Europe, just sees a stabilization. I would characterize Honeywell (HON) as seeing just a stabilization, too. Google (GOOG), which is huge in Europe, didn't even talk about anything good at all occurring. Given that about half of Google's business is currently in Europe, you can see how that company's estimates, still predicated on European weakness, may truly be guided up again. It makes you wonder what Apple (AAPL), with slightly more than $36 billion in sales in Europe last year -- more than a fifth of its revenue -- has to say when it reports next week.
But overall, there is a grudging recognition that Europe's become a much better place to do business at the exact same time that we are a much worse place to do business.
I sure wish that the politicians in Washington could see this turn, because it is downright embarrassing. But for the companies that expanded aggressively in Europe, the news is just beginning to turn positive and the first half of 2014 will give you some comparisons so radically positive that you can see why the money will still pour into international companies after this quarter's over.
Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, is long AAPL and F.Editor's Note: This article was originally published at 7:54 a.m. EDT on Real Money on Oct. 25.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV