Watch Out: Barbarians At The Gate For Aon Plc (AON)
- AON has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $159.9 million.
- AON has traded 1.0 million shares today.
- AON traded in a range 210.7% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.34.
- AON traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 531 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 531 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AON with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AON NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AON: Aon plc provides risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing services worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. AON has a PE ratio of 24.3. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Aon plc a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Aon plc has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Aon plc has a market cap of $23.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 1.08 and a short float of 1.8% with 1.52 days to cover. Shares are up 36.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Aon plc as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 37.12% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $333.00 million or 17.25% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AON PLC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -32.97%.
- AON PLC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AON PLC increased its bottom line by earning $2.99 versus $2.87 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.71 versus $2.99).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, AON PLC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Aon plc Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.