Micros Systems (MCRS) Marked As A Barbarian At The Gate
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Micros Systems (MCRS) as a "barbarian at the gate" (strong stocks crossing above resistance with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Micros Systems as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MCRS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $39.0 million.
- MCRS has traded 553,633 shares today.
- MCRS traded in a range 319.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.95.
- MCRS traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 526 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 526 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher.EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MCRS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MCRS NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on MCRS: MICROS Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures, markets, and services enterprise applications solutions for food and beverage, hotel, and retail industries worldwide. MCRS has a PE ratio of 23.8. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Micros Systems a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.The average volume for Micros Systems has been 561,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Micros Systems has a market cap of $3.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are up 18.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Micros Systems as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MCRS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- MCRS's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, MCRS has a quick ratio of 2.09, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $63.63 million or 31.66% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -17.33%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, MICROS SYSTEMS INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Micros Systems Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV