Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified ServiceNow (NOW) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified ServiceNow as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NOW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $70.9 million.
- NOW has traded 1.2 million shares today.
- NOW is down 3% today.
- NOW was up 10.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NOW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NOW NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on NOW: ServiceNow, Inc. engages in the provision of cloud-based services to automate enterprise IT operations primarily in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the Asia Pacific. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate ServiceNow a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.The average volume for ServiceNow has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. ServiceNow has a market cap of $7.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.37 and a short float of 8% with 3.48 days to cover. Shares are up 75.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ServiceNow as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been generally deteriorating net income.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 145.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$8.72 million to -$21.41 million.
- SERVICENOW INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.09 versus -$0.31).
- Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, SERVICENOW INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SERVICENOW INC is currently very high, coming in at 70.01%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -20.93% is in-line with the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $9.74 million or 40.30% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SERVICENOW INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -17.33%.
- You can view the full ServiceNow Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about NOW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV