New Lifetime High Today: Dollar General Corporation (DG)
- DG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $130.5 million.
- DG has traded 2.8 million shares today.
- DG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DG: Dollar General Corporation, a discount retailer, engages in the provision of various merchandise products in the United States. DG has a PE ratio of 19.4. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Dollar General Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Dollar General Corporation has been 2.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Dollar General has a market cap of $18.8 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of -0.01 and a short float of 1.5% with 2.44 days to cover. Shares are up 31.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Dollar General Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- DOLLAR GENERAL CORP has improved earnings per share by 17.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DOLLAR GENERAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.86 versus $2.22 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.23 versus $2.86).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Multiline Retail industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 14.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $214.14 million to $245.48 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Multiline Retail industry and the overall market, DOLLAR GENERAL CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 86.27% to $336.89 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DOLLAR GENERAL CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.47%.
- You can view the full Dollar General Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.