Leasing – COPT completed a total of 898,000 square feet of leasing for the quarter ended September 30, 2013. During this same period, the Company’s renewal rate was 72%. Consistent with expectations, for the quarter ended September 30, 2013, total rent on renewed space increased 4.4% on a GAAP basis and decreased 2.6% on a cash basis.
At September 30, 2013, the Company had nine properties totaling 1.3 million square feet under construction for a total projected cost of $234.0 million, of which $134.4 million had been incurred. As of the same date, COPT had 235,000 square feet in two properties under redevelopment for a total projected cost of $44.2 million, of which $30.5 million has been incurred. As of September 30, 2013, the Company’s nine properties under construction, on average, were 88% pre-leased, and its redevelopment properties were 51% pre-leased.
Balance Sheet and Capital Transactions:As of September 30, 2013, the Company’s debt to adjusted book ratio was 46.6% and its fixed charge coverage ratio was 2.9x for the three months then ended. Also, the Company’s weighted average interest rate was 4.2% for the quarter ended September 30, 2013 and 90% of the Company’s debt was subject to fixed interest rates, including the effect of interest rate swaps. In early July, the Company issued 1.5 million shares of common stock through its at-the-market (“ATM”) stock offering program. The average price per share was $26.05 and the net proceeds were $38.5 million. During the quarter, the Company amended the terms of its $800 million line of credit to extend the maturity date from September 1, 2014, to July 14, 2017 plus a one-year extension option; and lowered the interest rate spread over 30-day LIBOR to 130 basis points. The Company also amended the terms of its $300 million and $250 million term loan agreements to grant additional extension options and lower the interest spread over LIBOR.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV