TORONTO, Oct. 24, 2013 /CNW/ - Alacer Gold Corp. ( "Alacer") (TSX: ASR) and (ASX: AQG) is pleased to announce that the Australian Foreign Investment Review Board has approved the sale of Alacer's Australian Business Unit (which includes the Higginsville and South Kalgoorlie Operations) to a subsidiary of Metals X Limited, an Australian public company with shares listed on the ASX ( ASX: MLX).
Pursuant to the terms of the share sale agreement, the transaction is expected to close within five business days.
Alacer Gold Corp. is a leading intermediate gold mining company with interests in multiple mines which provide ore to three processing facilities in Australia and Turkey:
- 80% interest in the Çöpler Mine;
- 100% interest in the Higginsville Operations; and
- 100% interest in the South Kalgoorlie Operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV