NORTH CHICAGO, Ill., Oct. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The journal Science named AbbVie as one of its 2013 Top Employers. AbbVie ranked fourth in its first year on the annual list, as surveyed by more than 3,000 respondents.
"We are honored to be regarded highly among our peers in our first year as an independent biopharmaceutical company," said Tim Richmond, senior vice president, human resources, AbbVie. "Every day, our employees demonstrate the passion and commitment to improve patients' lives and deliver a remarkable impact. We are dedicated to creating an environment that fosters innovation and supports our employees around the world in that mission."
The survey results and accompanying feature are available online and will be published in the Oct. 25, 2013 issue of Science.
About AbbVieAbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. The company's mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world's most complex and serious diseases. In 2013, AbbVie employs approximately 21,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries. For further information on the company and its people, portfolio and commitments, please visit
@abbvie on Twitter or view careers on our
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV