Third-quarter net interest income included $25.8 million from FDIC-covered loans that were repaid or charged off. This compares with $22.2 million in the third quarter of 2012 and $15.9 million in the second quarter of 2013.
At September 30, 2013, City National's prime lending rate was 3.25 percent, unchanged from both September 30, 2012 and June 30, 2013.
|For the three months ended||For the three|
|September 30,||%||months ended||%|
|Dollars in millions||2013||2012||Change||June 30, 2013||Change|
|Average Loans and Leases, excluding Covered Loans||$ 16,039.8||$ 13,587.5||18||$ 15,434.1||4|
|Average Covered Loans||818.9||1,207.0||(32)||909.7||(10)|
|Average Total Securities||8,576.5||8,631.4||(1)||8,866.9||(3)|
|Average Earning Assets||26,417.7||23,892.0||11||25,819.9||2|
|Average Core Deposits||23,716.0||21,208.5||12||22,410.8||6|
|Net Interest Income||220.0||214.8||2||208.4||6|
|Net Interest Margin||3.30%||3.58%||(8)||3.24%||2|
Loans and other real estate owned (OREO) assets acquired in City National's FDIC‑assisted bank acquisitions totaled $784.0 million at the end of the third quarter of 2013, compared to $1.2 billion at September 30, 2012 and $885.4 million at June 30, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV