SUNNYVALE, Calif., Oct. 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Applied Micro Circuits Corporation (Nasdaq:AMCC) ("AppliedMicro") today reported its financial results for the second quarter of fiscal 2014, ended September 30, 2013.
- Q2 2014 net revenues were $55.4 million, up approximately 2% sequentially and up approximately 20% year over year.
- Q2 2014 GAAP net loss was $32.4 million or $0.45 per share compared to net income of $10.9 million or $0.15 per diluted share for the first quarter of fiscal 2014.
- Q2 2014 non-GAAP net income was $0.03 per share on net income of $2.0 million, compared to net income of $0.02 per share on a net income of $1.4 million, for the first quarter of fiscal 2014.
- Total cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments was approximately $76.0 million as of September 30, 2013 compared to $89.7 million as of June 30, 2013.
Net revenues for the second quarter of fiscal 2014 were $55.4 million compared to $54.1 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2014, representing a sequential increase of 2.0% and an increase of 19.7% over the $46.3 million in net revenues reported in the second quarter of fiscal 2013. Net revenues for the first six months of fiscal 2014 were $109.5 million, compared to $87.6 million for the same period last year, representing an increase of 25%.
The net loss on a generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) basis for the second quarter and for the first six months of fiscal 2014 were $32.4 million and $21.5 million or $0.45 and $0.30 per share, respectively. This compares with net income of $10.9 million or $0.15 per share for the first quarter of fiscal 2014 and net loss of $21.6 million or $0.33 per share and net loss of $44.9 million or $0.71 per share for the second quarter and first six months of fiscal 2013, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV