Trade-Ideas: Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- MSFT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $1.3 billion.
- MSFT is up 4.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MSFT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MSFT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MSFT: Microsoft Corporation (Microsoft) develops, licenses, and supports software, services, and hardware devices worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.5%. MSFT has a PE ratio of 12.6. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Microsoft Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 17 rate it a hold. The average volume for Microsoft Corporation has been 54.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Microsoft has a market cap of $270.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.78 and a short float of 0.9% with 1.75 days to cover. Shares are up 21.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Microsoft Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MSFT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- MSFT's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.20 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.53, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, MICROSOFT CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Microsoft Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.