ScanSource, Inc. (NASDAQ:SCSC), the leading international value-added distributor of specialty technology products, today announced complete financial results for its first quarter ended September 30, 2013.
|Quarter ended September 30, 2013:|
|Net sales||$731.9 million|
|Net income||$19.4 million|
|Diluted EPS||$0.69 per share|
“Our quarterly sales results were led by solid year-over-year growth for our North America Communications and Security business units,” said Mike Baur, CEO, ScanSource, Inc. “Our teams executed well in a slower growth environment, especially internationally where Europe and Brazil achieved better operating results than a year ago.”
For the quarter ended September 30, 2013, net sales totaled $731.9 million. This represents a 2.7% increase from the prior quarter’s sales of $712.7 million and a slight decrease from net sales of $733.6 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2012. Operating income increased 7.7% to $28.2 million from $26.2 million in the comparable prior year quarter. Net income for the quarter ended September 30, 2013 was $19.4 million, or $0.69 per diluted share, compared with net income of $17.6 million, or $0.63 per diluted share, for the prior year quarter.
Forecast for Next Quarter and Sales Release UpdateThe Company announced its current expectations for the second quarter of fiscal 2014. ScanSource expects that net sales for the quarter ending December 31, 2013 could range from $740 million to $760 million, and diluted earnings per share could be in the range of $0.62 to $0.64 per share. Starting with the quarter ending December 31, 2013, the Company will no longer provide a sales release in the first week following the quarter end.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV