Hittite Microwave Corporation (NASDAQ:HITT) today reported revenue for the third quarter ended September 30, 2013 of $68.7 million, an increase of 2.3% compared with $67.2 million for the third quarter of 2012, and an increase of 0.2% compared with $68.6 million for the second quarter of 2013. Net income for the quarter was $18.7 million, or $0.60 per diluted share, an increase of 5.9% compared with $17.7 million, or $0.57 per diluted share, for the third quarter of 2012, and an increase of 3.8% compared with $18.0 million, or $0.58 per diluted share, for the second quarter of 2013.
“I am proud of the Hittite Team for delivering another solid quarter while facing challenging markets,” said Rick Hess, President and CEO of Hittite. “We are confident that our innovation and engineering leadership will continue to drive our business success.”
For the third quarter of 2013, revenue from customers in the United States was $29.8 million, or 43.4% of the company’s total revenue, and revenue from customers outside the United States was $38.9 million, or 56.6% of total revenue. Gross margin was 71.2% for the third quarter of 2013, compared with 73.6% for the third quarter of 2012 and 72.4% for the second quarter of 2013. Operating income for the third quarter of 2013 was $28.0 million, or 40.7% of revenue, compared with $27.6 million, or 41.0% of revenue, for the third quarter of 2012 and $27.5 million, or 40.1% of revenue, for the second quarter of 2013. Total cash and marketable securities at September 30, 2013 was $457.3 million, an increase of $19.2 million for the quarter.
Business OutlookThe company expects revenue for the fourth quarter ending December 31, 2013 to be in the range of $66.5 million to $68.5 million and net income to be in the range of $16.7 million to $17.7 million, or $0.54 to $0.57 per diluted share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV