Deckers Outdoor Corporation (NASDAQ:DECK), a global leader in designing, marketing, and distributing innovative footwear, apparel and accessories, today announced financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2013.
Third Quarter Review
- Net sales increased 2.7% to $386.7 million compared to $376.4 million for the same period last year.
- Gross margin improved 90 basis points to 43.2% compared to 42.3% for the same period last year.
- SG&A expenses as a percent of net sales were 31.1% compared to 26.5% for the same period last year.
- Diluted earnings per share was $0.95 compared to $1.18 for the same period last year.
- UGG® brand sales increased 1.3% to $337.0 million compared to $332.8 million for the same period last year.
- Teva® brand sales increased 0.6% to $18.0 million compared to $17.9 million for the same period last year.
- Sanuk® brand sales increased 0.5% to $18.4 million compared to $18.3 million for the same period last year.
- Retail sales increased 34.5% to $52.6 million compared to $39.1 million for the same period last year; same store sales increased 1.9% for the thirteen weeks ending September 29, 2013 compared to the thirteen weeks ending September 30, 2012.
- eCommerce sales increased 12.2% to $14.9 million compared to $13.3 million for the same period last year.
- Domestic sales decreased 1.4% to $238.8 million compared to $242.2 million for the same period last year.
- International sales increased 10.3% to $147.9 million compared to $134.2 million for the same period last year.
“The UGG brand has shown great resiliency over the past year driven by innovative new products and advancements in our marketing, merchandising and selling strategies,” stated Angel Martinez, President, Chief Executive Officer and Chair of the Board of Directors. “The fall selling season started well led by demand for our expanded collection of casual shoes and boots. As we move further into the back half of the year, sell-through of our core Classic and slipper collections is accelerating. We are pleased with our current business trends and believe the Company is well positioned for the upcoming holiday period. More importantly, we believe the investments we are making in our brands, distribution platforms and supply chain will strengthen our growth profile and enhance our profitability over the long-term.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV