“We believe our project offers a number of well-defined market options, both domestic and international, that offer attractive netbacks to the Utica and Marcellus producers,” said John Haynes, senior vice president and chief commercial officer for Boardwalk Pipeline Partners. “We are encouraged by our meetings with potential customers and are pleased to launch this Open Season.”
The Bluegrass Pipeline project is comprised of three segments:
1. Construction of a new NGL pipeline from numerous natural gas processing plants in producing areas in Ohio, West Virginia and Pennsylvania to an interconnect with Boardwalk's Texas Gas Transmission, LLC system near Hardinsburg, Ky.
2. Conversion of a portion of existing pipeline on Texas Gas Transmission from natural gas service to NGL service from Hardinsburg to Eunice, La.3. Construction of a new NGL pipeline from Eunice, La. to a proposed large-scale fractionation plant and expanding natural gas liquids storage facilities in the Lake Charles, La. area. The proposed fractionation plant and storage facilities are also a joint venture project between Williams and Boardwalk that have collectively been named Moss Lake Fractionation. Williams and Boardwalk also recently announced a joint venture for the development of a new LPG export terminal and related facilities near Lake Charles, La. on the Gulf Coast, named Moss Lake LPG Terminal, to provide customers access to international markets. The combination of the Bluegrass Pipeline, Moss Lake Fractionation and Moss Lake LPG Terminal projects offers producers a comprehensive and flexible market solution for the total barrel of NGLs. By combining new construction with an existing pipeline, Williams and Boardwalk believe that the Bluegrass Pipeline should be placed into service and begin serving customers sooner than other options. Williams and Boardwalk are engaged in comprehensive project development planning including permitting, public consultation and right-of-way acquisition. On May 29, Boardwalk filed with FERC the Abandonment Application for the portion of Texas Gas Transmission that would be converted to NGL service, and the abandonment process is estimated to be complete in the second quarter of 2014. Williams and Boardwalk are targeting to place the project into service in late 2015, assuming the parties determine to complete the project and all necessary conditions are met.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV