Hundreds of communities across the country will be rolling out the welcome mats for millions of shoppers on Small Business Saturday, November 30 th. Founded by American Express® in 2010, Small Business Saturday is a day dedicated to supporting small businesses nationwide during the critical holiday shopping season.
Last year, U.S. consumers who were aware of Small Business Saturday reported spending $5.5 billion with independently-owned businesses on the day based on the Small Business Saturday Insights Survey. This meant that small businesses across the country got their holiday season off to a strong start, as millions of U.S. consumers “shopped small” on Small Business Saturday and made a big impact on local communities.
According to the 2012 Small Business Saturday Insights Survey, 81% of small business owners said Small Business Saturday is most effective when communities band together and host events.
Based on this insight, American Express has created a Neighborhood Champions program, working with business organizations like the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the American Independent Business Alliance (AMIBA), the U.S. Black Chambers, Inc., the Latino Coalition and the American Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE) to organize Small Business Saturday events in communities throughout the country. To date over 1,000 Neighborhood Champions have signed up to rally businesses in their municipalities to partake in local activities leading up to and on the day.Planned Neighborhood Champion events will occur in all corners of the country on November 30 th and include:
- A holiday open house and parade in Golden, CO;
- Pop-up shops at the local farmers market in Koloa, HI;
- A treasure hunt through local businesses in Frazier Park, CA; and
- A holiday festival with over 50 windows decorated with a Shop Small theme in Corning, NY.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV