Stereotaxis (STXS) Is Today's Perilous Reversal Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Stereotaxis (STXS) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Stereotaxis as such a stock due to the following factors:
- STXS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.6 million.
- STXS has traded 253,175 shares today.
- STXS is down 4.1% today.
- STXS was up 42% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in STXS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for STXS NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on STXS: Stereotaxis, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets cardiology instrument control system in the United States and internationally.The average volume for Stereotaxis has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Stereotaxis has a market cap of $46.4 million and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 4.11 and a short float of 34.9% with 0.62 days to cover. Shares are up 24.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Stereotaxis as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been unimpressive growth in net income over time.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 207.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $2.81 million to -$3.01 million.
- STEREOTAXIS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, STEREOTAXIS INC continued to lose money by earning -$1.60 versus -$5.80 in the prior year.
- Despite the weak revenue results, STXS has outperformed against the industry average of 26.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for STEREOTAXIS INC is currently very high, coming in at 77.75%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -30.89% is in-line with the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$2.14 million or 48.87% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, STEREOTAXIS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -60.73%.
- You can view the full Stereotaxis Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV