October 24, 2013
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE THIRD QUARTER OF 2013
- Turkcell Group delivered a solid third quarter performance. It registered revenue growth of 8% and EBITDA  growth of 11% year-on-year.
- Group revenues and EBITDA reached their historically highest quarterly levels of TRY2,981 million (TRY2,753 million) and TRY1,016 million (TRY912 million), respectively, while the Group EBITDA margin improved to 34.1% (33.1%).
- Turkcell's mobile business in Turkey posted revenue growth of 3% (7% excl. MTR cut impact) to TRY2,365 million (TRY2,300 million) and EBITDA growth of 4% to TRY817 million (TRY784 million), while the EBITDA margin improved to 34.5% (34.1%).
- Mobile broadband revenues grew by 39% to TRY385 million (TRY276 million).
- Voice revenues  declined by 3% to TRY1,664 million (TRY1,709 million), mainly due to the Mobile Termination Rate (MTR) cuts.
- Subsidiaries grew their revenues  by 36% to TRY616 million (TRY453 million) and EBITDA  by 55% to TRY199 million (TRY128 million).
- Turkcell Group net income rose by 22% to TRY699 million (TRY571 million).
COMMENTS FROM CEO,
"In the third quarter of the year Turkcell Group revenue rose by 8% to TRY3.0 billion year-on-year. Together with this, consolidated EBITDA grew 11% to TRY1.0 billion, EBIT rose 10% to TRY631 million, and net income climbed 22% to TRY699 million.
The recent regulatory decisions effective as of July impacted our financial and operational performance. Yet, we have achieved strong results once again with our continued focus on innovation and operational excellence, investments in our infrastructure, and the increasing contribution of subsidiaries. While Turkcell Turkey revenue grew by 3% through 39% growth in mobile broadband, the revenues of our subsidiaries rose by 36%.