SOUTHFIELD, Mich., Oct. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lear Corporation [NYSE: LEA], a leading global supplier of automotive seating and electrical distribution systems, today unveiled its new line of automotive fabric and leather concepts for customers around the world. The 2014 collection debuted at The Fillmore Detroit Theater during an event that featured interactive displays and presented live models with the stylish new car seats, both outfitted in Lear's new surface materials.
"With the previous launch of our Aventino® leather brand and recent acquisition of Guilford Performance Textiles, Lear now has unmatched capabilities in providing a wide range of unique seat covers," said Matt Simoncini, Lear's President and Chief Executive Officer. "We have a long history of excellence in cutting, sewing and assembling automotive seat covers. Our seat surface material capabilities now extend to a full range of custom finishing techniques, including laser etching, embroidery, embossing, perforations and polymer printing. We can design and develop anything our customers can imagine, and the purpose of our event today is to showcase our complete capabilities in automotive seating surface materials."
Lear's new collection features innovative processes for fabric and leather designs that also include options for unparalleled consumer choice in customization, durability and protection, delivered to address an OEM's requirements for value, vision and industry-leading quality.
"This new range of designs and technologies allows far more creativity for an OEM designer," said Ray Scott, Lear Executive Vice President and President, Seating. "Lear performed extensive research in fashion, architecture, home interiors and pop culture trends. Many of these new designs are a product of Lear's integration of Guilford Performance Textiles in 2012 and partnerships with other industry leaders."Lear's leather and fabric collection incorporates six innovations in automotive seat surface materials that are branded as:
- Aventino® Signature – provides infinite design potential for customization through secondary processes, such as special perforation, embossing, laser etching and printing.
- Aventino® Defense – enables light leather color choices with dye transfer prevention and greater cleaning capability for enhanced leather protection.
- TeXstyle™ Defense – customizable layers with extra spill protection and greater prevention against staining, mildew, dust, and bacteria, which improves overall vehicle air quality, reduces static electricity and absorbs smoke odor.
- TeXstyle™ Enhance – builds an even more creative styling vision with embossing, printing, laser etching, embroidery and sonic welding for expressive aesthetics through color, texture and pattern placement.
- TeXstyle™ Lite – allows customers cost management flexibility to add design elsewhere without impacting appearance, performance or quality lightweight product for a seat's low wear areas.
- TeXstyle™ Tough – engineered for high wear applications that combine styling and sturdy construction in a product developed for exceptional durability.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts