BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Up, up and away! That's the battle cry of the broad market in the final quarter of 2013. But then again, it's also been the S&P 500's battle cry in the first, second and third quarters as well. Nope, this isn't a bad time to be an investor.
Earnings season is well underway this week, with hundreds of earnings releases still set to hit Wall Street this week alone. So far so good this quarter, with corporate earnings by and large falling a bit ahead of analysts' tempered outlooks.
In short, there's a lot of open runway for stocks to takeoff in the final months of the year. But which individual names should you grab now, and which should you avoid? We'll answer that today by taking a technical look at five of the biggest names on Wall Street.If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms, and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. >>5 Sin Stocks to Protect Your Portfolio Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at five high-volume stocks to trade this week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV