MILWAUKEE, Oct. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MGIC Investment Corporation (NYSE: MTG) today announced that Cassandra C. Carr and Gary A. (Skip) Poliner have joined the company's Board of Directors and will be part of the Audit Committee and Securities Investment Committee.
"We welcome Cassandra and Skip to the MGIC board and look forward to their contributions as our company continues to navigate the improving business conditions in the mortgage market," said Curt Culver, MGIC Investment's chairman and CEO. "Their diverse business and management backgrounds will bring an important perspective to MGIC as we consider the opportunities in our market."
Ms. Carr is currently a consultant. She was Global Vice Chair of Talent at Hill+Knowlton Strategies before leaving in 2012, and spent nine years as a Senior Advisor for Public Strategies, Inc., both of which firms provide public relations services. Prior to joining Public Strategies, Ms. Carr held various senior-level positions with SBC Communications, Inc., which during her tenure became one of the world's largest telecommunications companies, including Senior Executive Vice President, External Affairs, Senior Vice President, Human Resources, and Senior Vice President – Finance and Treasurer.
Gary A. Poliner was President of Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company, the nation's largest direct provider of individual life insurance, and a member of its Board of Trustees, when he retired in
June 2013. Mr. Poliner also held various senior-level positions at Northwestern Mutual, including Chief Financial Officer and Chief Risk Officer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV