NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer is here to discuss some of the big stock market headlines Thursday.
First, Ford (F) reported better-than-expected earnings results after beating on the top and bottom lines.
But that's not what's got Cramer excited. He said the big thing to take away from the earnings report was the rapidly declining losses in the company's European operations.
He added that because of the reduced losses, the stock is on its way back to $18.Meanwhile, Akamai (AKAM) isn't getting much love following its report. Even though Akamai beats analysts' estimates for EPS and revenue, Cramer said the stock is now "in the penalty box" because the company offered lower-than-expected guidance. In other news, shares of McKesson (MCK) are trading higher after the company beat earnings estimates and has agreed to acquire Celesio, a German peer, for $8.3 billion. Cramer cheered the move and concluded that the stock is not done moving higher. He said this is the first day of a multiday move higher. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, was long F.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV