At The Hillshire Brands Company’s (NYSE: HSH) annual meeting of stockholders, held today in Itasca, Ill., management reviewed fiscal year 2013 business developments and discussed ongoing initiatives to strengthen its core brands, drive innovation and reduce costs.
Also, the board of directors today declared a regular quarterly dividend of $0.175 per share on the company’s common stock. The dividend is payable on January 8, 2014 to stockholders of record at the close of business on December 2, 2013.
Finally, the company announced the preliminary results of voting, in which the stockholders:
- Elected all nine incumbent directors to serve one-year terms on the Hillshire Brands’ board of directors
- Ratified the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as Hillshire Brands’ independent auditor for fiscal 2014
- Approved an advisory stockholder vote on executive compensation
About Hillshire Brands CompanyThe Hillshire Brands Company (NYSE: HSH) is a leader in focused food solutions for the retail and foodservice markets. The company generated approximately $4 billion in annual sales in fiscal 2013. The company’s more than 9,000 employees work together every day toward a common purpose – fulfilling the hunger for a life well fed. Hillshire Brands’ portfolio includes iconic brands such as Jimmy Dean, Ball Park, Hillshire Farm, State Fair, Sara Lee frozen bakery and Chef Pierre pies, as well as artisanal brands Aidells, Gallo Salame and Golden Island premium jerky. For more information on the company, please visit www.hillshirebrands.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV