Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti will deliver a keynote address at next month’s inaugural LA Tech Summit, event organizer Cornerstone OnDemand announced today. The one-day event, which will bring together leading executives, entrepreneurs and professionals to celebrate the diverse Los Angeles technology community, is being held Thursday, November 14, 2013, at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel in Santa Monica, Calif.
In his address, Garcetti will discuss the city’s burgeoning tech industry and start-up ecosystem. He also will share his views on what makes Los Angeles a unique and ideal city for fostering new ideas and businesses.
The LA Tech Summit event agenda features an impressive collection of founders, CEOs and executives in areas such as e-commerce, enterprise software, big data, digital media and consumer technologies. In addition, leading incubators, accelerators and venture capitalists will participate and share their diverse perspectives on the current state of Los Angeles as a hub for technology innovation, and map out what it takes to build a successful tech company in L.A.
Comments on the News
- “L.A.’s creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and prized resources, such as local universities and the entertainment industry, are what make this city one of the top start-up friendly ecosystems in the world. We have a great opportunity to further support technology investment in the region by branding Los Angeles as the place for high-growth tech,” said Mayor Garcetti.
- “Los Angeles is swiftly developing as a thriving center for entrepreneurship and technology startups. Mayor Garcetti, better than most politicians, understands the importance of a strong tech industry to the region’s future,” commented Adam Miller, founder and CEO of Cornerstone OnDemand, a global enterprise cloud company based in Los Angeles.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV