MetLife, Inc. (NYSE:MET) announced today that MetLife Foundation has launched a new global campaign to bring financial inclusion to low-income communities in Asia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and the U.S. The Foundation has committed $200 million over the next five years to support financial programs that will provide vital knowledge, tools and services to underserved individuals, families, businesses and communities.
“For 145 years, MetLife has made a positive difference in the communities we serve by providing financial protection to individuals and their families,” said Steven A. Kandarian, chairman, president and CEO of MetLife, Inc. “With the new focus of our foundation, we are now even more committed to extending financial protection to those who need it most. Our goal is to ensure that low-income families and communities have access to the tools and resources they need to put them on the path to financial security.”
According to the World Bank, more than 2.5 billion people – nearly half the world’s population – live on less than $2 a day, and most live without access to basic financial services that can help build a better future. Through its vision for financial inclusion, MetLife Foundation will provide greater access to affordable financial services that enable people to protect and improve their lives.
“While global poverty statistics can seem overwhelming, MetLife Foundation sees an opportunity to bring greater security, greater opportunity and greater self-reliance to those most in need,” said Dennis White, CEO and president of MetLife Foundation. “People in poverty manage what little they have with tremendous ingenuity and resourcefulness. Many are low-wage workers, microentrepreneurs and small-scale farmers, and we’re convinced that access to modern financial know-how and a range of services that fit their needs can transform their lives.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV