Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Grand Canyon Education (LOPE) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Grand Canyon Education as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LOPE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.1 million.
- LOPE has traded 207,478 shares today.
- LOPE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LOPE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LOPE NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on LOPE: Grand Canyon Education, Inc., together with its subsididaries, provides postsecondary education services in the United States and Canada. It focuses on offering graduate and undergraduate degree programs in the areas of education, healthcare, business, and liberal arts. LOPE has a PE ratio of 22.1. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Grand Canyon Education a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.The average volume for Grand Canyon Education has been 405,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Grand Canyon has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.19 and a short float of 8.2% with 8.46 days to cover. Shares are up 64% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Grand Canyon Education as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 11.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.34, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.38, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 83.34% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, LOPE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- GRAND CANYON EDUCATION INC has improved earnings per share by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GRAND CANYON EDUCATION INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.54 versus $1.13 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.81 versus $1.54).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Diversified Consumer Services industry average. The net income increased by 22.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $15.60 million to $19.06 million.
- You can view the full Grand Canyon Education Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about LOPE
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV