New Lifetime High Reached: Generac Holdings (GNRC)
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Generac Holdings (GNRC) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Generac Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- GNRC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $35.5 million.
- GNRC has traded 443,799 shares today.
- GNRC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GNRC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GNRC NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on GNRC: Generac Holdings Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets a range of generators and other engine powered products for the residential, light commercial, industrial, and construction markets in the United States Canada, and Mexico. GNRC has a PE ratio of 22.8. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Generac Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.The average volume for Generac Holdings has been 826,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Generac has a market cap of $3.0 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 0.51 and a short float of 7.9% with 4.39 days to cover. Shares are up 26.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Generac Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 8.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 45.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 185.71% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 54.74% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GNRC should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electrical Equipment industry. The net income increased by 202.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $9.34 million to $28.25 million.
- 38.51% is the gross profit margin for GENERAC HOLDINGS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 8.14% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 70.67% to $36.05 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GENERAC HOLDINGS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.58%.
- You can view the full Generac Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV