WINDSOR, Conn. , Oct. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ING U.S. announced today that it has hired Thomas Halloran as president of its registered broker-dealer, ING Financial Partners (IFP). The IFP broker-dealer, part of ING U.S.'s family of companies, offers retail financial products, services and support to clients through a network of over 2,400 affiliated representatives across the country. These offerings include education, financial planning and a broad range of personalized asset accumulation, protection and distribution solutions to help advance the retirement readiness and financial security needs of Americans.
In his role, Halloran will be responsible for the overall management, strategy and growth of IFP, which is currently a top ten broker-dealer in the United States in terms of total licensed representatives. Halloran will be based in ING U.S.'s Braintree, Mass. office and report to Rich Linton, president of Individual Markets for ING U.S. Retirement Solutions. Halloran's position is effective November 18, 2013.Halloran replaces Karl Lindberg, who will take on a new role developing and overseeing IFP's evolving advisory practice, infrastructure and service model in support of its growing number of registered representatives that offer planning and advice to their clients. Lindberg will also manage the program roll-out and ongoing service delivery to IFP advisors participating in retirement readiness engagements with ING U.S.'s plan sponsor clients and their participants, an important focus of the company. An industry veteran, Halloran comes to ING U.S. with 25 years working with financial advisors in various marketing and sales leadership roles. Halloran most recently served as managing director at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, where he developed advisory solutions for the mass affluent customer segment. Previously, Halloran held positions of increasing responsibility at Putnam Investments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV