Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced that its parent company, Canon Inc., has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the Leaders quadrant of the 2013 Magic Quadrant for Managed Print Services, Worldwide report 1.
The Gartner Magic Quadrant positions vendors based on their performance across two major categories: the Ability to Execute, in which Gartner evaluates each MPS provider on its “success in delivering results today, as well as its preparation to deliver results in the future,” and Completeness of Vision, where Gartner evaluates a provider’s “prospects for success by analyzing its view of the market, service operating model, and strategic plans for growth and service improvements.”
“We believe Canon’s positioning in the Leaders quadrant is a result of our ability to remain flexible and customize our managed document solutions to meet the ever-changing needs of customers while having the back-end infrastructure that enables implementation at a global scale,” said Sam Yoshida, vice president and general manager, Marketing, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. “We also have a broad portfolio of hardware, software and value added services capable of tying into any managed document services engagement.”
Serving domestic and international markets, Canon Managed Document Services provide a unified offering for total output and document solutions management. Starting with simple fleet and service automation for total cost of ownership reduction, to providing advanced services for more complex document workflow and value-added solutions such as compliance and security, central reprographic department (CRD) integration, content management, and mobile and remote user services, Canon brings the expertise, people, and technology solutions to fully understand its clients’ business and manage their environments.Canon MDS consists of a global infrastructure and menu of services that allows flexibility yet consistency in design and scalability. Canon’s proven Managed Document Services methodology provides a single source of accountability at each stage of a managed services engagement, including Discover and Analyze; Design; Deploy and Transition; Support and Manage; and Evaluate and Review. The company also provides a portfolio of Canon and third-party software tools and technology that can be implemented throughout each phase of an MDS deployment, including these select offerings:
- imageWARE Enterprise Management Console, a highly scalable web-based management utility capable of installing, monitoring and managing multiple Canon and third party networked devices on customer networks. In a Canon MDS engagement, this solution is used for IT administration and ongoing support and management.
- imageWARE Remote, a hosted solution to provide enhanced servicing capabilities such as just-in-time service delivery, automated meter collection, and consumables replacement. Using this technology Canon can minimize device downtime and respond more rapidly in cases where device service is required.
- uniFLOW Output Manager, a modular output management solution that is used to address the goals of reducing costs and improving productivity. From usage tracking and cost accounting capabilities, to security solutions, rules-based routing and CRD integration, uniFLOW is a technology suitable for any Canon MDS engagement.
- Therefore ™ , an information management solution that not only delivers document management basics such as storage, version control and expiration, but also advanced content management functions such as designing procedures and guidelines around document creation, workflow, security and access. With Therefore ™, manual paper workflows can be replaced with streamlined, automated processes.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts