- Grafix is and will continue to be available on the market for the treatment of both acute and chronic wounds, including diabetic foot ulcers, despite media reports suggesting otherwise. As part of the agreement Osiris detailed in its October 21 press release, FDA affirmed that Grafix, indicated as a wound cover for the treatment of acute and chronic wounds, is regulated solely as a human cells, tissues, and cellular and tissue-based product (HCT/P) under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (PHS Act).
- A Biologics License Application (BLA) is not required for Grafix to remain on the market for the treatment of acute and chronic wounds, despite media reports suggesting otherwise. Osiris has the opportunity to receive approval of Grafix as a licensed biologic under the BLA pathway. This approval, if obtained, would enhance the claims Osiris would be able to make regarding the wound healing properties of Grafix. Osiris believes this would create significant product differentiation in the market place and increase the value for the Grafix brand. Osiris is actively pursuing submission of a BLA.
- Osiris has never received a “warning letter” from FDA, contrary to media reports stating otherwise. Furthermore, Osiris Biosurgery, including the products mentioned in the FDA letter, has been inspected twice by the FDA without a single finding of deficiency.
Osiris Corrects Certain Inaccuracies In Media Reports
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts