CHICAGO, Oct. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Grainger (NYSE: GWW), the leading broad line supplier of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) products serving businesses and institutions, recently launched a new feature for its iPhone application (app), LiveChat with Photo. Through technology provided by LivePerson (NASDAQ: LPSN), a leading provider of intelligent engagement solutions, customers now can send a photo of a product to a Grainger Customer Service Representative during a live chat.
"Grainger is focused on industry-leading service, which includes getting our customers the products they need, when they need them," said Geoffrey Robertson, Vice President of eCommerce Strategy and Planning for Grainger. "We offer more than one million products, so LiveChat with Photo helps answer customer product questions more efficiently and effectively. We are delighted to have worked with LivePerson to deliver this leading technology to our customers."
The LiveChat feature is in the Menu section of the Grainger iPhone app once users sign in. Users can click on the icon to begin a real-time chat with a Grainger Customer Service Representative, as well as attach one or more product photos to the conversation. Photos help the Customer Service Representative locate the product in question and provide the customer with a direct link to the product, which then can be used to check availability and make a purchase. Finally, a chat history is available, eliminating the need for the customer to take notes during the chat.
"As more consumers shift to mobile to connect with their favorite brands, it's becoming critical for companies to effectively engage their customers via mobile devices. Grainger is a company that not only understands the importance of providing great customer service, it also is raising the bar with rich, and innovative features, such as LiveChat with Photo," said Grant Miller, Head of Mobile Strategy, LivePerson. "By partnering with a leading company like Grainger, we can set the standard for smart customer engagement, and together, provide the kind of rich, meaningful experience that today's on-the-go customers demand."LivePerson's mobile chat solutions enable seamless integration with native iOS applications as well as iOS- and Android-optimized mobile sites. LivePerson's mobile solution can be integrated within a company's existing LivePerson chat infrastructure. Agents can identify and prioritize on-the-go customers, who often have more urgent needs and expect faster response times. In addition to LiveChat with Photo, Grainger's mobile app allows customers to:
- Search for products using bar code scanning, voice-activated search or browse;
- Use real-time product availability based on current location to learn when a product will ship or if it is available for pickup at a nearby Grainger branch;
- Get driving directions to the nearest Grainger branch;
- Manage purchase order workflow – accept, reject or forward pending orders made by multiple staff members;
- Receive notifications when orders ship or are pending approval;
- Get prompt access to frequently purchased items through lists;
- Access order history; and
- Checkout using existing shipping addresses and payment preferences from Grainger.com ®.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV