SANTA CLARA, Calif., Oct. 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Neonode Inc., (Nasdaq:NEON), the optical touch technology company, announced today that it has crossed the threshold of having over 100 issued patents and patent applications in its portfolio. With these patents, Neonode is driving major industry advancements in optical touch, industrial design and user interfaces.
Neonode's patent portfolio covers five key innovation areas in light-based touch sensing:
– User Interfaces– Optics – Controllers – Driver Software – Industrial Design Examples of issued patents in these areas include,
- U.S. Patent No. 8,095,879, " User Interface for Mobile Handheld Computer Unit," and U.S. Patent No. 8,416,217, " Light-Based Finger Gesture User Interface" (User Interfaces)
- U.S. Patent No. 8,339,379, " Light-Based Touch Screen" and U.S. Patent Application Serial No. 14/016,076, " Optical Touch Screen using Total Internal Reflection" (Optics)
- U.S. Patent No. 8,471,830, " Scanning of a Touch Screen" (Controllers)
- U.S. Patent No. 7,880,732, " Touch Screen for Mobile Telephone" (Drivers)
- U.S. Design Application Serial No. 29/432,924, "Tablet Computer," and U.S. Design Application Serial No. 29/441,356, " Mobile Phone," (Industrial Design)