PICKERINGTON, Ohio, Oct. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- R. G. Barry Corporation (Nasdaq: DFZ) today announced that its Board of Directors has formed a committee of independent directors to review and evaluate a previously-announced unsolicited, non-binding acquisition proposal from Mill Road Capital Management LLC and its affiliated funds.
The committee has retained Peter J. Solomon Company, L.P. to assist it in evaluating the proposal. The committee intends to evaluate the proposal in a timely manner. The Company does not intend to comment upon or provide further updates regarding these matters until the evaluation of the Mill Road proposal has been completed, and the Board has decided on its response to the proposal.
About RG Barry RG Barry develops accessories brands that provide fashionable, solution-oriented products for a great life. Our primary brands include: Dearfoams slippers dearfoams.com; baggallini handbags, totes and travel accessories baggallini.com; and Foot Petals premium insoles and comfort products footpetals.com. To learn more, visit us at rgbarry.com.
SOURCE R. G. Barry Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV