The New York Times ( NYTimes.com) today announced plans for a first-ever national promotion that will offer a free four-week Web + Smartphone digital subscription to readers who purchase a newsstand copy of The New York Times newspaper on Sunday, Nov. 3.
Each copy sold on newsstands on Nov. 3 at more than 50,000 retailers across the country, including most Starbucks locations, will include a sticker with a coupon code for the free access offer.
“We want to give our newsstand readers the opportunity to try out a digital subscription at no charge so they can explore, discover and experience our vast amount of digital content with ease,” said Yasmin Namini, senior vice president, chief consumer officer, The New York Times. “With four weeks of free access, readers will be able to truly experience NYTimes.com on the Web and on our smartphone apps across all sections including articles, slideshows, video, multimedia interactives and infographics.”
Users must already be registered on NYTimes.com or provide an email address to register to activate the offer code. No credit card is required. Codes must be activated within seven days.The New York Times offers three digital subscription plans for unlimited access to NYTimes.com. Details and pricing for these plans are available at www.NYTimes.com/Access. About The New York Times Company The New York Times Company (NYSE:NYT), a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2012 revenues of $2.0 billion, includes The New York Times, the International New York Times, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com, BostonGlobe.com, Boston.com and related properties. The Company’s core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news and information.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV