Celgene Corporation (NASDAQ:CELG) reported third quarter 2013 total revenue of $1,674 million compared to $1,419 million in the third quarter 2012. Net product sales were $1,644 million, an 18 percent increase from the same period in 2012. Adjusted net income for the third quarter of 2013 increased 19 percent to $669 million compared to $561 million in the third quarter of 2012. For the same period, adjusted diluted earnings per share (EPS) increased 21 percent to $1.56 from $1.29.
Based on U.S. GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), Celgene reported third quarter 2013 net income of $372 million or $0.87 per diluted share. For the third quarter of 2012, net income was $424 million, or $0.97 per diluted share.
“Celgene had an exceptional third quarter with continued operating momentum across our global businesses highlighted by approvals for IMNOVID ® for relapsed and refractory multiple myeloma in Europe and ABRAXANE ® for pancreatic cancer in the U.S.,” said Bob Hugin, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Celgene Corporation. “In the fourth quarter we will present new data on apremilast in psoriatic arthritis at ACR and on REVLIMID ® in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma at ASH.”
2013 Guidance Updated
- Total Net Product Sales are now expected to exceed $6,200 million
- REVLIMID ® Net Product Sales are expected to be in the mid-to-upper end of the range of $4,200 million to $4,300 million
- Adjusted diluted EPS guidance is raised to a range of $5.90 to $5.95 from the previous range of $5.80 to $5.90
- GAAP diluted EPS is expected to be in the range of $3.77 to $3.90
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts