Altria anticipates that its 2013 full-year effective tax rate on operations will be approximately 35.7%. A reconciliation between the reported effective tax rate and the effective tax rate on operations for the third quarter and first nine months of 2013 is shown in the table below.
|Table 3 - Altria’s 2013 Tax Rates|
Nine Months Ended
|Reported effective tax rate 1||34.1%||35.0%|
|Tax benefit from Mondelēz tax matters 2||0.7||0.3|
Other tax benefits primarily due to the reversal of tax accruals no longer required
|Effective tax rate on operations||36.0%||35.7%|
1 Reported effective tax rate is calculated as “Provision for income taxes” divided by “Earnings before income taxes” from Schedules 1 and 3.
2 This tax benefit is fully offset by changes to a corresponding payable to Mondelēz International, Inc. (Mondelēz), which is reflected in Schedules 1 and 3. Due to this offset, Mondelēz tax matters had no impact on Altria’s net earnings and reported and adjusted diluted EPS for the third quarter and first nine months of 2013.
SMOKEABLE PRODUCTSThe smokeable products segment grew adjusted OCI for the third quarter and first nine months of 2013 primarily through higher pricing. PM USA grew its total cigarette retail share versus both prior-year periods.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV