ICON plc, (NASDAQ: ICLR), a global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries, today reported its financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2013.
Net revenues grew 19% year on year to $339.8 million from $285.5 million in Q3 2012.
Income from operations was $33.2 million or 9.8% of revenue, compared to $20.9 million or 7.3% for the same quarter last year.
Net income was $27.8 million or 45 cents per share on a diluted basis, compared with $17.7 million or 29 cents per share last year.Year to date net revenues for 2013 increased 22% to $991 million from $815 million in 2012. Year to date income from operations, excluding restructuring charges, was $91.5 million or 9.2% of revenue, compared with $49.3m or 6.0% of revenue in the previous year. Year to date net income, excluding restructuring charges, was $76.5 million or $1.23 per share on a diluted basis, compared with $39.6 million or 66 cents per diluted share last year. Year to date income from operations on a GAAP basis was $82.5 million, and year to date net income on a GAAP basis was $69.3 million or $1.12 per share. Guidance for the full year 2013 has been updated with revenue expected to be in the range of $1.325 billion - $1.33 billion and EPS guidance in the range of $1.67 - $1.70. Days sales outstanding, comprising accounts receivable and unbilled revenue less payments on account, were 40 days at September 30, 2013, compared with 40 days at the end of December 2012. For the quarter ended September 30, 2013, cash generated from operating activities was $43.6 million, after expenditure of $15.1 million on prior period acquisition earn outs and capital expenditure of $6.2 million. The company’s net cash amounted to $218.6 million at September 30, 2013, compared to net cash of $190 million at December 31, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV