- Excluding special items, EPS from continuing operations was $0.71. Including special items, EPS from continuing operations was $0.81.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $301 million, which included $19 million of EBITDA from the St. Regis Bal Harbour residential project (“Bal Harbour”).
- Excluding special items, income from continuing operations was $137 million. Including special items, income from continuing operations was $157 million.
- Worldwide Systemwide REVPAR for Same-Store Hotels increased 4.7% in constant dollars (4.2% in actual dollars) compared to 2012. Systemwide REVPAR for Same-Store Hotels in North America increased 5.8% in constant dollars (5.4% in actual dollars).
- Management fees, franchise fees and other income increased 12.8% compared to 2012.
- Worldwide Same-Store Company-Operated gross operating profit margins increased approximately 50 basis points compared to 2012.
- Worldwide REVPAR for Starwood Same-Store Owned Hotels increased 5.2% in constant dollars (4.5% in actual dollars) compared to 2012.
- Margins at Starwood Same-Store Owned Hotels Worldwide increased approximately 130 basis points compared to 2012.
- Earnings from Starwood’s vacation ownership and residential business increased approximately $7 million compared to 2012.
- During the quarter, the Company signed 36 hotel management and franchise contracts, representing approximately 7,800 rooms, and opened 15 hotels and resorts with approximately 3,700 rooms.
- Starwood’s Board of Directors has declared the Company’s annual cash dividend of $1.35 per share. The Board of Directors has also decided to pay dividends to stockholders on a quarterly basis commencing in 2014.
Starwood Reports Third Quarter 2013 Results And Declares Annual Dividend Of $1.35 Per Share
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.