- Net sales increased year-over-year by 20.9% to $363.3 million as compared to $300.6 million in the third quarter of 2012.
- Net income during the third quarter of 2013 was $47.1 million, or $0.67 per share, as compared to $25.5 million or $0.37 per share for the same period of 2012.
- Adjusted net income, as defined in the accompanying reconciliation schedules, increased to $73.7 million from $54.1 million in the third quarter of 2012. Adjusted diluted net income per share was $1.06 as compared to $0.78 per share in the third quarter of 2012.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 31.2% to $100.1 million as compared to $76.3 million in the third quarter last year. Adjusted EBITDA margin during the third quarter improved to 27.5% as compared to 25.4% in the prior year primarily due to warranty rate improvements resulting in a favorable adjustment to warranty reserves.
- Cash flow from operations in the third quarter of 2013 was $80.9 million as compared to $69.5 million in the prior year quarter. Free cash flow was $76.7 million as compared to $61.6 million in the third quarter of 2012.
- For the trailing four quarters, including the third quarter of 2013, net sales were $1.452 billion; net income was $154.3 million; adjusted EBITDA was $382.1 million; cash flow from operations was $261.6 million; and free cash flow was $238.4 million.
- On August 1, 2013, the Company closed on the previously announced acquisition of Tower Light Srl, a leading developer and supplier of mobile light towers throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- Subsequent to the end of the quarter, the Company entered into a purchase agreement on October 7, 2013 to acquire substantially all of the assets of Baldor Electric Company’s generator division (“Baldor Generators”). Baldor Generators offers a complete line of generators ranging from 3kW to 2.5MW throughout North America.
Generac Reports Third Quarter 2013 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts