October 24, 2013
Solid Operating Performance,
Steadily Improving Since the Beginning of the Year
Growing Activity in the 3
- 9-month revenue of €10,820 million, organic change of -1.0%
- 3 rd quarter revenue up 0.2% on organic basis
- EBITDA of €1,859 million, organic change of + 6.2%
- EBITDA margin of 17.2%, increasing compared to September 2012 (15.9%)
Gross Like-for-like Currency consolidation
In millions of 30 Sep 30 Sep change change fluctuation scope
euros 2012 2013
Revenue 11,118 10,820 -2.7% -1.0% -1.4% -0.3%
EBITDA 1,770 1,859 +5.0% +6.2% -0.9% -0.4%
EBITDA/Revenue 15.9% 17.2%
- SUEZ Environnement generated revenue of €10,820 million in the first nine months of the year. Business steadily improved since the beginning of the year onwards; the organic growth was -2.6% in the 1 st quarter, -1.7% in the 1 st half, and then -1.0% as at the end of September. The 3 rd quarter on a stand-alone basis, generated a +0.2% increase in revenue, which was notably due to the improvement in the waste activity in Europe.
SUEZ ENVIRONNEMENT continues its commercial development, and has been notably awarded the
and Pirae (Polynesia) contracts in water, and the Saint-Etienne and Châtellerault contracts in waste. Meanwhile, the Group consolidates its positions in its four strategic priority areas, by signing the
(waste management and recovery) and
(water supply improvement service) contracts, as well as an industrial wastewater contract in
"Our Group's performance is solid, and registered an ongoing improvement since the beginning of the year onwards, thanks to the optimised management of our assets, to our commercial momentum, and to the positive effects of our Compass productivity plan. Although the economic environment is still tough, the 3
quarter appears to show some signs of an improvement in Europe, and the Group is ready to continue its expansion".
- EBITDA amount s to €1,859 million, a n organic increase of 6.2%, due to the Group's commercial momentum and ongoing tight financial discipline. The EBITDA margin continues to improve, rising from 15.9% as at the end of September 2012 to 16.8% as at the end of June 2013, before reaching 17.2% as at the end of September 2013.
- The Group ' s net financial debt (NFD) amount s to €7,820 million. The NFD/EBITDA ratio is 3.1x , which is in line with the annual target of around 3 times.
- Commenting on the 2013 3 rd quarter results, Jean-Louis Chaussade, Chief Executive Officer made the following comments: