PARIS, October 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
3 rd QUARTER 2013
Solid Operating Performance, Steadily Improving Since the Beginning of the Year
Growing Activity in the 3 rd Quarter
- 9-month revenue of €10,820 million, organic change of -1.0%
- 3 rd quarter revenue up 0.2% on organic basis
- EBITDA of €1,859 million, organic change of + 6.2%
- EBITDA margin of 17.2%, increasing compared to September 2012 (15.9%)
Change in Gross Like-for-like Currency consolidation In millions of 30 Sep 30 Sep change change fluctuation scope euros 2012 2013 Revenue 11,118 10,820 -2.7% -1.0% -1.4% -0.3% EBITDA 1,770 1,859 +5.0% +6.2% -0.9% -0.4% EBITDA/Revenue 15.9% 17.2%
- SUEZ Environnement generated revenue of €10,820 million in the first nine months of the year. Business steadily improved since the beginning of the year onwards; the organic growth was -2.6% in the 1 st quarter, -1.7% in the 1 st half, and then -1.0% as at the end of September. The 3 rd quarter on a stand-alone basis, generated a +0.2% increase in revenue, which was notably due to the improvement in the waste activity in Europe.
- EBITDA amount s to €1,859 million, a n organic increase of 6.2%, due to the Group's commercial momentum and ongoing tight financial discipline. The EBITDA margin continues to improve, rising from 15.9% as at the end of September 2012 to 16.8% as at the end of June 2013, before reaching 17.2% as at the end of September 2013.
- The Group ' s net financial debt (NFD) amount s to €7,820 million. The NFD/EBITDA ratio is 3.1x , which is in line with the annual target of around 3 times.
- Commenting on the 2013 3 rd quarter results, Jean-Louis Chaussade, Chief Executive Officer made the following comments:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV