Logitech International (SIX:LOGN) (Nasdaq:LOGI) today announced financial results for the second quarter of Fiscal Year 2014, with better-than-expected revenue of $532 million, down 3 percent compared to second quarter of the prior year.
- Q2 GAAP operating income was $17 million, and GAAP EPS was $0.09
- Q2 non-GAAP operating income was $37 million, and non-GAAP EPS was $0.20
- Year-to-date GAAP operating income was $17 million, and GAAP EPS was $0.10
- Year-to-date non-GAAP operating income was $49 million, and non-GAAP EPS was $0.26
“We’re making progress toward building a faster and more profitable Logitech,” said Bracken P. Darrell, Logitech president and chief executive officer. “In spite of headwinds from weak market conditions in Europe and a decline in the global PC market, we significantly improved operating profitability in the first half of Fiscal Year 2014.
“Our growth categories performed well during the first half. Combined, tablet accessories, gaming and wireless speakers grew about 36 percent year over year. Although we have more work in front of us, I am confident that we are on track with our turnaround strategy.”
OutlookFor the full Fiscal Year 2014, Logitech continues to expect revenue of approximately $2 billion and GAAP operating income of approximately $50 million, compared to an operating loss in Fiscal Year 2013. The outlook for GAAP operating income now includes year-to-date charges of $13 million, related to restructuring, that were not anticipated when the Company originally provided the outlook in April 2013. The current outlook for non-GAAP full Fiscal Year 2014 operating income is $100 million, an increase of $13 million compared to the previously expected non-GAAP operating income. Prepared Remarks Available Online Logitech has made its prepared written remarks for the financial results teleconference available online on the Logitech corporate Web site at http://ir.logitech.com, in the Calendar section. Financial Results Teleconference and Webcast Logitech will hold a financial results teleconference to discuss the results for Q2 FY 2014 on Thurs., Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time and 14:30 Central European Summer Time. A live webcast of the call will be available on the Logitech corporate website at http://ir.logitech.com. Use of Non-GAAP Financial Information To facilitate comparisons to Logitech’s historical results, Logitech has included non-GAAP adjusted measures, which exclude share-based compensation expense, amortization of other intangible assets, restructuring charges (credits), other restructuring-related charges, investment impairment (recovery) and other items detailed under “Supplemental Financial Information” after the tables below. Logitech believes this information will help investors to evaluate its current period performance and trends in its business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV