5 Favorite Porsche 911s of All Time
2011 911 Carrera GTS (Type 997)
Automakers typically attach the letters "GTS" (or "Gran Turismo Sport") to the sportiest version of a car model, and Stout says the 2011 Carrera GTS certainly lives up to that name.
"It's every bit as usable as a plain Carrera -- which is to say very, very useful -- but it's special enough to feel different," he says. "The handling and the changes they made to the (standard Carrera) suspension really transformed the car."
The 2011 Carrera GTS also has a back seat big enough to seat two people, a rarity in a segment where rear seats are often so small they're mostly just for show.Perhaps best of all, the 2011 Carrera GTS is new enough that consumers can still find plenty of the vehicles in the used-car market rather than just in the collectors' world. Kelley Blue Book estimates the car's current price at around $66,000 to $88,000, depending on features and condition.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV